Pasting comments into update window - code bug?

Pasting comments into update window - code bug?

by Peter Ward -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle version 1.9.5

I'm trying to track down a solution to a problem that I thought was related to 'send notification emails'. (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=173390) I'm now convinced that email is unrelated to my earlier posting.

Let me explain the problem:

When grading an assignment with quick grading switched on.

If you select to grade the long way, i.e. by choosing update from the status column to open the popup window, I understand that whatever is typed into the text window, is automatically transfered to the comments box on the quick grade window that remains open below it. (I think moodle uses javascript to do this)

However, if a user pastes text into the popup window, then an extra line is added to the text with <p> tags. It seems that this causes the javascript code to break its string, resulting in the text not being copied to the comments box in quick grading.

Outcome. The user thinks they have 'saved' their comments from the popup 'update' window, when in fact when they then click 'save all my changes' on the quick grade screen, because the text didn't copy to the comments box, what is saved is nothing, as it overwrites the entry in the database.

Could someone steer me to the code that performs this task so that I can direct my technical guy where to start to look in moodle so that this error might be correct.

Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -