Dialog emails

Dialog emails

by Robert Brenstein -
Number of replies: 5
Moodle 1.9 -- is there a way to make dialog sending full text of a post, like forums do it, not just the notification?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Brenstein

Re: Dialog emails

by ASHUTOSH SRIVASTAVA -

I was used  moodle 1.9.5+ and now i want to upgrade to version 2.0.2+.When i upgrade moodle in version 2.0.2+  name intl type error generated . what steps i need to proceed ? Please  any buddy reply me

In reply to ASHUTOSH SRIVASTAVA

by Troy Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I am working on code to deal with upgrade from 1.9x based on Sergey's conversion to Moodle 2.x.  At testing stage will post once done.

Regards,

Troy

In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Troy Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,

Not at this stage, but will will include option in later version which can be controlled in module settings.

Regards,

Troy

In reply to Troy Williams

by Dan Jeffries -

Hi!

Just installed this and it's great! We are using 1.9.10+

However, I don't think notifications are working. Is it like the forum in that an email is sent out after the specified editing time (for us it's 30 minutes).

Even so, tried a dummy run and no emails came through.

Any ideas? 

In reply to Dan Jeffries

by Graham MacKinnell -

Having been using Dialogues for over two years, it seems that email notifications are only originated after the "Edit" time for the post has expired.  And then there may be some additional delays related to the way that Moodle is integrated with your institution's network.  I have my dialogue edit time set to 90 minutes at UC and find that email notifications of posts arrive about two hours after the event.  One further point - in the Dialogue set-up, you need to check that you have set "Yes"  in the Email notification option - the default in ours is "No".

Regards, Graham