URL Resource Embed option

URL Resource Embed option

by Peter Richardson -
Number of replies: 4

When I use the embed option in the URL, it doesn't work.  I suspect I need to enable something somewhere, but can't find it.  I am using 2.02 on a SUSE Linux box.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Richardson

Re: URL Resource Embed option

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Peter,

When you say it does not work, can you please tell us what exactly is happening? ;)

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Michelle Scott -

I have that problem too. Sometimes a PowerPoint will embed, but other times they will appear as a clickable link. 

In reply to Michelle Scott

by Gareth Davies -

I've encountered this issue as well, having just upgraded to Moodle 2.1 from 1.9. All my external links in courses in 1.9 were configured to Window -> same window and Navigation -> yes without frame. On conversion, these links are set to Embed, but the page just does not show - it the blocks and navigation are there but no page in the middle. The page will try to read for sometime then eventually come up with a message:

Click http://www.example.com/xxx/xxx.html link to open resource.

Help would be appreciated as I don't want to go through all my links and reset them to something else.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth Davies

by Fred Masuoka -

Did any one ever find an answer for this?  I believe it as to deal the the encryption of the moodle site asking for a non-encrypted resource. However I have not found a solution for IE8 or Chrome but it works in IE9 and Firefox.