Teacher enrolment in a course (Moodle 2.0.2)

Teacher enrolment in a course (Moodle 2.0.2)

by Guillermo Madero -
Number of replies: 0

In Moodle 1.9 I used to assign teachers at system level so they could access all courses.

We are now starting a new set of courses in Moodle 2.0, so I did as usual: I assigned the teacher role in System but she gets the "you cannot enrol yourself in this course" message once she tries to access a course. She, however, is shown as teacher under the course title.

I've just read in the documentation that "Course category enrolments via role assignments is not possible any more".

From that, would it be then correct to assume that also, course enrolments via system role assignments aren't possible any more? Or maybe I'm missing some particular setting?

If that is so, what would be the use of assigning someone the teacher role in system? Maybe only for Front page activities?

Would it be that now, enrolments and roles are truly two separate and indepent things: roles just give or deny permissions, but only once the participant is enroled (whether as a teacher or as a student)?

I hope someone helps me clarify a bit the new underlying scheme of Moodle 2 mixed

In the mean time, I enroled the teacher manually at the course so she could start working.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -