Lost the submitted assignment if the student forgot to press the Save Changes button!

Lost the submitted assignment if the student forgot to press the Save Changes button!

by Michelle Leung -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

I tried to test the assignment submission function in Moodle2.02 and found that the submitted assignment will be lost if the student forgot to press the Save button after the upload the file to the system.

Steps:

1.)    login as teacher and add an online assignment.

2.)    login as student and upload a file to the system (without pressing the Save Changes button).

3.)    Click the assignment title again and the student will get the message “No files submitted yet”.  The student can’t find the submitted assignment. sad

4.)    login as teacher.  The teacher will note that a student uploaded his assignment but you can access it. sad

Is it a bug? Personally, I will suggest to change the assignment submission interface to be the one that used in <Add a file resource>.  That means, system should automatically save the file in server once the student has uploaded the server. Is it possible?

Besides, when I login as a student and try to press the Save Changes button without upload any files to the system, I will get a message "File uploaded successfully".  I suggest that there should have a checking in the upload.php to disallow the student to press the Save Changes button if they haven't uploaded any files yet.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Leung

Re: Lost the submitted assignment if the student forgot to press the Save Changes button!

by Michelle Leung -
I have created an issue ( MDL-26969) for this problem in Tracker.