Collaborate Europeen project Commenius 2.1

Collaborate Europeen project Commenius 2.1

by Francis Jacquemin -
Number of replies: 7

For Europeens Scondary Schools,

Our project is about formation to the e-learning and the integration of the ICT in teaching practice of the teachers.
This formation is intended to teachers and to trainers in order to support the integration of Communication and Information Technologies (ICT) in practice teaching.  It is centered on the installation of multimedia course on line on a platform, already operational, remotely with our school.

The accent is placed on the same time on a technical training with tools and software of acquisition, processing and integration of data multimedia and  also on the teaching concepts and models supporting the training in a technological environment associating at the same time the activities all together and remotely. 

A significant share of the formation is centered on the preparation of the teachers to the teaching follow-up, the tutorat and the coaching in an effective spirit of management of the training.  The teaching concepts relating to the environments collaboration and co-operation are also approached in an intensive way. 

The formation is organized in each country partners of the project (organization to be determined within the framework of the project).  It is continued remotely with the teachers of the participating countries for one period to determine (of about a one year) to ensure the follow-up and the installation of course on line completely and/or partially remotely.  The contents of the formation as well as the methodological instructions considered can be transmitted to you by e-mail.

Web site of the school:  http://www.garenne.be
Our platform of remote formation:  http://garenne.nuxit.net
E-mail:  garenne@brutele.be

Contacts:
Harald Bergman:  garenne1@brutele.be
Christian Darville:  c.darville@swing.be

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francis Jacquemin

Re: Collaborate Europeen project Commenius 2.1

by Gina Russell Stevens -

Greetings Francis,

Thank you for sharing your project.  It looks very interesting. 

I invite you to join our discussions at www.facultyroom.org.  There are a group of moodling secondary teachers developing a secondary level replication of Frances Bell's Collaboration Across Borders higher education model (www.cabweb.net).  Frances has even graciously joined our discussions and shared her expertise, and several of us have joined her project.  Wonderful things are happening!  Your project sounds very similar and appears to have some synergy with the work we share at www.facultyroom.org.

Our community of practice includes teachers and instructors representing various disciplines, educational settings and levels.  I hope that we can exchange project missions, practices, challenges and accomplishments as we travel the road to learning together.  Please join us.

All the best,
Gina

In reply to Gina Russell Stevens

by Frances Bell -
Thanks Gina for saying such nice tings about CABWEB.
We have discovered that some users have not managed to find the moodle site from the public webpages given above.  If you are interested in international student collaborations, and in networking with others, please check us out at http://moodle.cabweb.net
In reply to Frances Bell

by Martyn Overy -

Frances,

Is the collaboration aimed at students at Universities...or can secondary school students become involved?  ( I was a Postgraduate (Ph.D) student at Salford University, Maxwell Building, years ago...but my students days have long since passed*.....but there are eager, enthusuastic students at North Chadderton School ). We have made some attempts to expands the educational horizons far beyond classrooms walls, as is illustrated by our Global Community website. However, we would love to participate in collaboration projects with other schools....

* not entirely true, since one of great pleasures in teaching is that the teacher learns with the students....when taking the role of a facilitator.

In reply to Martyn Overy

by David Le Blanc -
Martyn,
Your Global Community website is awesome! cool
I've looked it over before and have shared it with colleagues as an exemplar of best practices.
You will likely know about many of these already, but I maintain a list of global collaborative projects on my Website suitable for grades 1-12: Global Collaborative Projects
Two of these projects are particularly promising as far as collaboration:
  1. Internet Projects Registry
  2. Learning Circles on iEARN
What's great about these two projects is that teachers and their learners can propose their own global collaborative projects that invite participation from learners from all over the world.
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Martyn Overy -

David,

Thanks for the links....some very useful resources and opportunities here!  I will share these with my colleagues. During my experience as ASE Website Editor some time ago I was impressed by the Science Across the World  collaboration projects, where schools can communicate and share projects/ideas in a number of different ways. As a bonus, it can be cross-curricular, since the support packs can be provided in various languages!

In reply to Martyn Overy

by Frances Bell -
Hi Martyn,
It's good to talk to an alumni - who was your supervisor?.  I also think that your web site looks great.  I would be really pleased to talk to you about possible projects and synergies and have mailed you to make telephone contact.
I suggest that you look at Gina Stevens et al facultyroom.org too.
Gina and I are trying to help our projects learn from each other.
I think that there are some issues of student safety and differences in teaching style in joint school/university projects though I know they can work well.  Some university teachers would tend to adopt (particularly with some of the very large classes we teach) a hands-off style of facilitation that may not be appropriate for collaboration with younger students.
Anyway, more opportunities for learning for teachers and students.
In reply to Frances Bell

by Martyn Overy -

Frances,

Thanks for contacting me by phone today! We have a number of websites set up, and the number of departments adopting and using Moodle is gradually increasing. I am trying very hard to get Moodle adopted by the whole school, and to tailor departments needs to the many Open Source resources that already exist. (Actually, it is so brilliant it should sell itself..but this can be rather like adopting a Field of Dreams scenario: 'build it and they will come'..)

At the moment Moodle is used with other online ventures, including Content Management Systems such as Postnuke, and multimedia galleries such as Gallery and Coppermine.

Looking forward to hearing more about opportunities in collaborating...