Certificates for non-editing teachers

Certificates for non-editing teachers

by Allain McCAllum -
Number of replies: 1

I apologize in advance if my question doesn't belong here, but I am brand new to moodle, and not from the technical side of things.

We are using Moodle to host courses on fire safety training re quired in health care facilities in BC, Canada.

All staff at these facilities need to verify they have taken the training. All of the students are able to print out their certificates of completion without issue, and the course supervisor who has a role assigned as a non-editing teacher is able to get a notification upon each students completion.

The problem we are having is that non-editing teachers, teachers, and administrators also need to be able to demonstrate, and have a record of having completed the courses. Moodle doesn't seem to be allowing those certificates to update like the students, upon completion of the new course material.

Any suggestions on what if any settings I am able to change in order for us to show that everyone, including other than students, have completed the training?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allain McCAllum

Re: Certificates for non-editing teachers

by Raymond Fürst -

Like "who watches the watchers".

Two kinds of workarounds come into my mind:

• Administrators and teachers have two user accounts. One standard account to take courses and obtain certificates (like normal students) and an additional account for their admin- and teacher-functions.
  • Teachers get an extra course (or set of courses) where they only have the role of a normal student. This works only with teachers, and only if the teacher-role is defined on a course level and not as a global role.

Usually, teachers are supposed to have the knowledge by definition. They are the ones who create the questions and quizzes, so why should they need a certificate?

A professor does not take his own exam, he grades it. Why should he grade himself?