Blackboard Conversion

Blackboard Conversion

by Michael Penney -
Number of replies: 7
I see a new version of bbconvert was added to CVS/contrib. The README makes it sound easy to convert a BB course to Moodle, except it omits installation/set-up instructions.

Can anyone out there give me an idea how to get started with this tool?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Blackboard Conversion

by Bob Puffer -
Hi Michael,
Its not our code out there but we do have an easy-to-use Blackboard course converter with installation instructions in the readme file.  Its PHP-based and currently handles BB 5.5.  If that works, here's the link.
I believe the code in cvs/contrib is from Jason Cole originally and is Java-based.
Bob Puffer
Luther College
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Michael Penney -
Hi Bob, thanks, we need BB 6.1 conversionsad.

Are you all thinking of updating your code to BB 6? If not (and if I can't figure out how to get this bbconvert running--it's an odd mix of classes and .java files with some xcode project files mixed in & we've tried running all the files in there, can't tell which one is the right one to initsad, maybe we'll take a whack at it later in the year if that's ok?
In reply to Michael Penney

by Anne Thorp -

Hi,

We are brand new to Moodle and are current Bb 6.1 users. We are going to need to migrate from Bb to Moodle. From what I am reading, there is no way to do that just yet?

Thanks,

Anne

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Tom Czachor -
I just converted a Blackboard course to moodle and imported it as a new course, not what do I do?? I have to add the content? Is there a list of steps I should do next??

thanks in advance, the conversion seemed to work fine!
Tom

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Leonhard Küllinger -
Hi Bob,
BB-import is a great thing. Our government (austria) has published a study with moodle as best LMS for schools. A lot of schools working with LMS in the last years, are working with Blackboard. I am looking at the conversion with high interest, and will report to the officials if it is working in the final release. My tests are running good.

thx from austria
leo
In reply to Leonhard Küllinger

by Brian Koontz -
Leo, is there a link to an English-translated version of the study you can provide? 

--Brian