Do not want students to update their Email address

Re: Do not want students to update their Email address

by Longfei Yu -
Number of replies: 0

Wow, Thanks so much!

I am new to Moodle, my school is just going through the Moodle pilot, so a lot of things need to study.

Yeah, after I update the permission in the Authenticated User, users cannot update their profile or messaging profile any more. I also can disable the user to update their Email address only in their profile.

I have two more questions:

1. I want something to be default in the user profile when we load the user information from the IMS files. For example, I want the "AJAX and Javascript" default to be "Yes, use advanced web features", how to do that?

2. What's the difference when you update the "Teacher", "Student" or "Authenticated User" permission? For example, I updated the "Student" permission this afternoon, and DO NOT ALLOW them to edit their "user own profile", but, when I login as a student, I still can edit my profile. However, after I followed your advice, and changed the "Authenticated User" permission, then the user cannot edit their profile.

3. I also see "System" and "User" section inside the permission setting page, what's that difference? I saw both of them have the "edit user own profile".

Thanks a lot!

Longfei