Removing text on the top left corner of every page

Removing text on the top left corner of every page

by Ujjawal Bhandari -
Number of replies: 12

Hi,

I have been looking to remove a text that appears on the top left corner of every page. I know I have written that somewhere the text is familiar but I want to get it removed there.

I can remove the heading but not the text. I have uploaded the image file , its the word that says eLearning at the top right.

Many thanks.

Attachment moodleissue.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ujjawal Bhandari

Re: Removing text on the top left corner of every page

by Frank Ralf -
Try using Firebug to find out where this text comes from. Then use "display: none;" in your CSS style sheet to hide it.

hth
Frank

PS:
CSS FAQ and Themes FAQ are good starting points for learning more about CSS and theming.

EDIT
The text at http://www.kcol.co.uk/moodle/ sits directly inside the body tag with no other tags around it to target it with CSS. So you might have to look in your source files where it comes from.
Attachment Kingston College.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Ujjawal Bhandari -

Frank thanks for yoru reply.

I use dreamweaver, i searched through dreamweaver, but I could not find that word inside the entire moodle folder, except in the config folder (where the DB connection has that name).

I think it is from somewhere in the front pannel settings but I could not see that particular word...

Guess I would be stuck in that for a while...

by Frank Ralf -
If it's not in the files you might search the database, e.g. using phpMyAdmin.

I hope it's not leaking from your config.php file somehow ... (you might check for some syntax error there).

hth
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Ujjawal Bhandari -

Frank, Using PHPMyadmin i found the following syntax in mdl_config:

SELECT *
FROM `elearning`.`mdl_config`
WHERE (

`id` LIKE '%elearning%'
OR `name` LIKE '%elearning%'
OR `value` LIKE '%elearning%'

)
LIMIT 0 , 30

How can I disable the systax so to test... or is that not the one...?

Thanks

by Frank Ralf -
Sorry for the confusion, those where actually two suggestions:

1) EITHER you check anywhere in the database for occurrences of "eLearning"

2) OR you check your config.php file whether there's a syntax error which might cause the database name to appear on the website.

hth
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Ujjawal Bhandari -

Couldnt find easier way to do it.. I have tried but I will have to spend some good time on it...

In reply to Frank Ralf

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ujjawal,

It's unlikely to come from a front page setting - as Frank has pointed out it is in the page source with no css tags around it, while just about everything produced by the moodle code itself would fall within one or other of the head, body or page tags at least, and usually with several other div ids or classes around it.

Much more likely is to find something in the theme code with a simple missing bracket or semi-colon or such like causing this to display outside any tags at all. For myself I would recommend searching again, but with the individual files just in a text editor rather than in Dreamweaver, but I would also suggest turning debugging on to see if it can help locate any typo that might be the cause.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You may also need to check the Additional HTML in Site Admin->Appearance to ensure nothing has been added there

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Ujjawal Bhandari -

Thanks rich and wagner,

I will try that sometime today and inform you about the result...

by Ujjawal Bhandari -

Richard,

You are the MAN.... I had the eLearning mentioned in the Additional HTML Head textbox on the Site admin page.... I removed it and wallah its gone...

This thing was like having a wood stuck underneath your normal skin...   Feel like she is back to normal...

Many thanks to frank, wagner and rest of the moodlers who tried with various suggestions selflessly... unlike me 

by Frank Ralf -
Glad you finally found the culprit. And good to know that there's such a setting wink