Which is the fastest way to see which files have changed in a Moodle update?

Which is the fastest way to see which files have changed in a Moodle update?

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers
Hello all,

because it takes more and more time to reiterate the patches to the Moodle files I've made with every update I would prefer to have a list of the changed files. Then I can just copy the unchanged ones into the updated Moodle installation and have to rework the patches only for the changed ones. Does this list exist anywhere. If not how can I easily build one? This list will save me a lot of time. How do others solve this task?

Many thanks for the answers in advance
Urs
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Which is the fastest way to see which files have changed in a Moodle update?

by Tom Murdock -
CVS is a great solution, but if you don't have that, you could create a folder/filter for this mailing list: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=30935

It includes each change in the code. 

This might be overkill, though, because it also shows changes in the head branch (not just the stable branch).

-Tom
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Which is the fastest way to see which files have changed in a Moodle update?

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

If you are on Windoze, try ExamDiff Pro - you can diff dirs to see the changes...

skodak