small entry page issue moodle 2.0

small entry page issue moodle 2.0

by Claude Eilers -
Number of replies: 3

If you enter text for an entry page, but neglect to select "yes" in the "Show Entry Page" drop-down, what you've written is no longer there if you go back to the editing page.

I suspect that a very standard error is to want an entry page, enter what you want there, but overlook the selection.  It would be better if (a) the 'show entry page' menu automatically flipped to 'yes' when text was added to its accompanying box, or (b) the text remained in the box even if you chose no.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claude Eilers

Re: small entry page issue moodle 2.0

by Claude Eilers -

Also, there is no edit icon on the entry page.  That is, the teacher/admin can edit from the main page; and he/she can edit from the hotpot exercise itself by selecting the edit icon.  If you are on the entry page and see something that needs fixing you must either go back to main page or through to the exercise proper.

In reply to Claude Eilers

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Claude,

yes, I have noticed these things too. Not only the entry text but also the options get removed, so you have to re-enter them every time.

In Moodle 1.9, the QuizPort module is somehow able to remember these settings, so I will refer back to that and see if we can make HotPot for Moodle 2.0 behave the same way.

Regarding the editing, you can can edit the HotPot settings if you go to the Moodle "Settings" block and choose "Edit Settings" (see screenshot). Since this "Settings" block is always accessible on the entry/exit pages, we perhaps don't need the edit icon. What do you think?

Gordon

Attachment hotpot.edit.settings.jpg
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Claude,

I have fixed the issue with entry/exit page text and options being lost when the entry/exit page is disabled.

I will leave the edit icon off the entry/pages for now, because those pages have the "Edit settings" link on the "Settings" menu.

regards
Gordon