Moodle Newbie

Moodle Newbie

by Winn Griffin -
Number of replies: 4

Can anyone point me to the information about installing Glossary. I downloaded it, put it in the /mod folder, clicked on view.php and found the following message: Must specify glossary ID or course module ID. Where do I do this at? In the other php files it tell me: A required parameter was missing. I'm assuming that is the glossary ID or course module ID.

Thanks for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Winn Griffin

Re: Moodle Newbie

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
The glossary is not an optional module - it comes bundled with the standard Moodle distribution, so you don't have to install it separately. To add it to your course, turn editing on and then select "Glossary" from the "Add an activity" list.

The glossary (just like any activity) must be a part of a course. If you access the view.php page directly, you will get the error about missing IDs.

Hope this helps,
Przemek
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Winn Griffin -
Thanks Przemyslaw. I just didn't know where to look. Should I remove the folder "glossary" that I downloaded and placed in the /mod folder?
In reply to Winn Griffin

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

The folder "glossary" should be there. However, since you downloaded and installed the glossary separately, you overwrote the version which was included in the main distribution with the version which you downloaded later. This might (but might just as well not) cause some problems. To be on the safe side, I recommend you delete the "glossary" folder and upload it again, but not the code you found in the glossary.zip file (the optional download). Instead, extract the mod/glossary folder from the zip file which included the whole distribution of Moodle and use this.