Nanogong question

Nanogong question

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 10

Hi, does the nanogong activity module allow the teacher to post audio or is it only possible for students to do this?  It appears so but I wanted to make sure in case I have set it up wrong.

TIA, Tim.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Nanogong question

by Tim Allen -

One more thing, I am testing the examples at http://gong.ust.hk/moodle/ but in the Gong section I am getting the following error in both Firefox and Safari (Mac):

"incorrect board parameters.  Please contact your web administrator for more information"

Anyone know what the problem is there?

In reply to Tim Allen

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Tim,

Yes, the teacher can record audio messages with NanoGong.

Can't help with your questions about Gong - I thought it was only NanoGong that was integrated with Moodle 1.9. thoughtful

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Tim Allen -

Thanks Glenys, in my Moodle the recording applet never shows up for the teacher, but it does for the student...

Note that I am talking about the Activity Module and not the HTMLArea patch - are we on the same page here?  smile

I had thought it wasn't a feature, but if you can do it I am not sure what the problem is... mixed

In reply to Tim Allen

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Tim,

I was actually thinking about the HTMLarea patch and the NanoGong assignment. They're the only ones I've used. What do you use the NanoGong activity for?

I've just tried it and I can record and listen in teacher role. I've put a screenshot to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

I'm on Moodle 1.9.10 and NanoGong 2010042200 (the one updated by Norbert Berger).

Attachment 13-01-2011 21-58-41.png

by Tim Allen -

Thanks so much for testing that for me Glenys, yes we are talking about the same thing now.  I want to use the activity module as a "voice discussion board" for students to get to know each other at the beginning of the course.  I think voice lends itself to this personalisation activity.

I still can't get it to allow recording for the teacher...mixed  I am wondering whether the problem is that I haven't installed the HTMLArea patch...

That is the same version of NanoGong but we are still on Moodle 1.9.3+.

TIm.

In reply to Tim Allen

by Tim Allen -

Well I installed the HTML Area Patch but still couldn't post a recording as a teacher.

As a student I get this:

Student view of Nanogong activity module

As a teacher I get this:

Teacher view of Nanogong activity module

No "New Message button"  sad

In reply to Tim Allen

by Norbert Berger -

Hi Tim,

Can you check your Java version? What version have you got installed on this machine?

Norbert

In reply to Tim Allen

by Eric Katchan -

Hello Tim, Funy we are experimenting with nanogong as well. The htmlarea patch allows any user to add a nanogong voice message in any area where the editor appears.  It is not the same as a student which sees the add new message button which in turn presents a form with the nanogong recorder.

by Tim Allen -

Re Gong and Moodle, there seems to be a Gong integration but it requires you to set up a dedicated Gong server it seems.

In reply to Tim Allen

by Jaime Alamo -

Hi Tim,

I've been installing both the nanogong and the Gong voice service.  After many disappointments I have them now running in the same server (an old xp computer).

For Gong, Admin, students and teachers can use it fairly well. => But course creators can't !!!. I had to degrade my course creator account to plain teacher

And it's only for moodle 1.9.x