HELP -- Settings Block dispppeared

HELP -- Settings Block dispppeared

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 4

Help I attempted to move the settings block from left to right column. The settings block has disappeared from the frontpage along with the editings on button. The settings block has also disappearred from the top pages of some but not all courses. Interestingly the setting block is still available in interior pages. Help!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: HELP -- Settings Block dispppeared

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Vernellia,

It is not clear from your post what you have been doing. It is not clear what you call "top pages" and "interior pages" either.

I suppose the most important to you now is to "ressurect" the Settings block on your moodle site's front page, because otherwise there is not much you can do.

Try to go to this URL and check that the Settings block is still enabled there:

mymoodlesite/admin/blocks.php

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Vernellia Randall -

Thanks Joseph.

The setting block is available on the "top page of the website". When I co into one particular course - the setting block is missing from the "topic pages". However, in that course if go another page beside the "topic pages" the setting block is available. The setting  block is enable under administration and is working properly every where but this one course.

In reply to Vernellia Randall

by Daniel Wright -

Hi Vernelia,

I know this is an older post, but thought I would reply here in case someone else had the same problem.  This happened to me today and I finally figured out that the Settings block had somehow gotten docked to the side.  I moved my cursor to the left hand side of the page to reveal the docked menu, then undocked it.

Happy Moodling,

Dan

In reply to Daniel Wright

by jared beck -

I had the same issue with Moodle 2.2.  The settings block is very tricky.  It can be set to display only on one page, or on all pages, or the home page, etc.  First step, find the settings block in one of the classes or homepage, (whereever it isn't hidden).  If it's hidden everywhere, maybe create a new class so it will be displayed (just a thought)?  Once you find it, try fooling with the alignment, right, left, and the weight, -9, 0, + 9 to see if that makes it become visible.  If not, if your theme allows, flood the page with other blocks and in the process of the blocks getting displayed, you may discover your settings block.  It's there in the background, it's just hidden and inaccessible, Lord knows why this is allowable, please fix.  You just have to move everything and its mother around to try to sneak a peak and see the settings block to make it visibile once more.

Ayyyeeee!