Remove links in admin menu

Remove links in admin menu

kracekumar ramaraju發表於
Number of replies: 8

I am new to moodle.I am using moodle 2.0  for past three days,when i looked at the source code i am unable to remove certain menu options that is displayed in settings on right hand side.How can i remove that in moodle 2.0 ????

評比平均分數: -
In reply to kracekumar ramaraju

Re: Remove links in admin menu

Miriam Laidlaw發表於
Plugin developers的相片

Can you be more specific? What exactly are you trying to remove from which menu?

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

kracekumar ramaraju發表於

i want to remove development menu under site administration in admin.

In reply to kracekumar ramaraju

Joseph Rézeau發表於
Core developers的相片 Particularly helpful Moodlers的相片 Plugin developers的相片 Testers的相片 Translators的相片

Why would you want to do that?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Lorenzo Nicora發表於

Actually, I need to do the same.

In some Moodle sites I manage, there is another administrator with full  permissions to recunfigure most of site's paremeters.
I need to block them on changing some critical parameters, like security policies, server paths and something else.

Off course, I'd like to do it without patching the Moodle core code ;)

Lorenzo

In reply to Lorenzo Nicora

Miriam Laidlaw發表於
Plugin developers的相片

In that case is it possible to create another role for that administrator with only the permissions you want them to have?

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

Lorenzo Nicora發表於

Changing permissions would be the easy way ;)
Unfortunately, for site configuration parameters there is a single permision setting: moodle/site:config (AFAIK)

In reply to Lorenzo Nicora

John Porten發表於

Lorenzo - I have been doing a bit of reseach into this issue regarding the site:config capability.   We would like to create a new "superuser" role that would allow access to Appearance and Plugins, but block Security, Server and Development.    Did you have any success in resolving your issue?

In reply to John Porten

Lorenzo Nicora發表於

No John, in Moodle 1.9.x I gave up :/

Actually, upgrading to 2.2+ resolved many of the issues, using the Manager role -globally assigned - istead of Administrator.