Remove links in admin menu

Remove links in admin menu

kracekumar ramaraju -
Erantzun kopurua: 8

I am new to moodle.I am using moodle 2.0  for past three days,when i looked at the source code i am unable to remove certain menu options that is displayed in settings on right hand side.How can i remove that in moodle 2.0 ????

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
kracekumar ramaraju(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Remove links in admin menu

Miriam Laidlaw -
Plugin developers-ren irudia

Can you be more specific? What exactly are you trying to remove from which menu?

Miriam Laidlaw(e)ri erantzunda

kracekumar ramaraju -

i want to remove development menu under site administration in admin.

kracekumar ramaraju(e)ri erantzunda

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia Translators-ren irudia

Why would you want to do that?

Joseph Rézeau(e)ri erantzunda

Lorenzo Nicora -

Actually, I need to do the same.

In some Moodle sites I manage, there is another administrator with full  permissions to recunfigure most of site's paremeters.
I need to block them on changing some critical parameters, like security policies, server paths and something else.

Off course, I'd like to do it without patching the Moodle core code ;)

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Nicora(e)ri erantzunda

Miriam Laidlaw -
Plugin developers-ren irudia

In that case is it possible to create another role for that administrator with only the permissions you want them to have?

Miriam Laidlaw(e)ri erantzunda

Lorenzo Nicora -

Changing permissions would be the easy way ;)
Unfortunately, for site configuration parameters there is a single permision setting: moodle/site:config (AFAIK)

Lorenzo Nicora(e)ri erantzunda

John Porten -

Lorenzo - I have been doing a bit of reseach into this issue regarding the site:config capability.   We would like to create a new "superuser" role that would allow access to Appearance and Plugins, but block Security, Server and Development.    Did you have any success in resolving your issue?

John Porten(e)ri erantzunda

Lorenzo Nicora -

No John, in Moodle 1.9.x I gave up :/

Actually, upgrading to 2.2+ resolved many of the issues, using the Manager role -globally assigned - istead of Administrator.