Remove links in admin menu

Remove links in admin menu

von kracekumar ramaraju -
Anzahl Antworten: 8

I am new to moodle.I am using moodle 2.0  for past three days,when i looked at the source code i am unable to remove certain menu options that is displayed in settings on right hand side.How can i remove that in moodle 2.0 ????

Als Antwort auf kracekumar ramaraju

Re: Remove links in admin menu

von Miriam Laidlaw -
Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

Can you be more specific? What exactly are you trying to remove from which menu?

Als Antwort auf Miriam Laidlaw

von kracekumar ramaraju -

i want to remove development menu under site administration in admin.

Als Antwort auf kracekumar ramaraju

von Joseph Rézeau -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers Nutzerbild von Translators

Why would you want to do that?

Als Antwort auf Joseph Rézeau

von Lorenzo Nicora -

Actually, I need to do the same.

In some Moodle sites I manage, there is another administrator with full  permissions to recunfigure most of site's paremeters.
I need to block them on changing some critical parameters, like security policies, server paths and something else.

Off course, I'd like to do it without patching the Moodle core code ;)

Lorenzo

Als Antwort auf Lorenzo Nicora

von Miriam Laidlaw -
Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

In that case is it possible to create another role for that administrator with only the permissions you want them to have?

Als Antwort auf Miriam Laidlaw

von Lorenzo Nicora -

Changing permissions would be the easy way ;)
Unfortunately, for site configuration parameters there is a single permision setting: moodle/site:config (AFAIK)

Als Antwort auf Lorenzo Nicora

von John Porten -

Lorenzo - I have been doing a bit of reseach into this issue regarding the site:config capability.   We would like to create a new "superuser" role that would allow access to Appearance and Plugins, but block Security, Server and Development.    Did you have any success in resolving your issue?

Als Antwort auf John Porten

von Lorenzo Nicora -

No John, in Moodle 1.9.x I gave up :/

Actually, upgrading to 2.2+ resolved many of the issues, using the Manager role -globally assigned - istead of Administrator.