Moodle installed in Grid type account which doent support Java

Moodle installed in Grid type account which doent support Java

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone,

I want to ask you something about moodle and Java issue.

I have a dedicated server from Godaddy and my moodle is installed on it. Now for increasing the number of connection at one time to my moodle, I have to change my account plan on Godaddy. They have a grid hosting account type. But in Grid type, Java can not work. So is it reflect my moodle? As I know without Java, my menues seem like a block. But more?Do you know that without Java environment , can my moodle continue to work?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: Moodle installed in Grid type account which doent support Java

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you are confusing Java with JavaScript.

Moodle does not use Java at all.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Ynt: Re: Moodle installed in Grid type account which doent support Java

by eda karacelebi -

Thank you, I know that Java and Java Script are different but I want to be sure that Java is not necessary. I have limited knowledge about programming languages. I want to ask you one more question about Hot potatoes quizes. If I dont have an environment that doent support Java, is it a problem to install Hıt potatoes quizes?

In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: Ynt: Re: Moodle installed in Grid type account which doent support Java

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Neither Moodle nor hosting Hotpotatoes requires any form of Java. There is a client for creating Hotpotatoes based on Java but that has nothing to do with hosting/displaying to students. No Java required.