Theme issues, different on site compared to off site, please help?

Theme issues, different on site compared to off site, please help?

by kevin oakes -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I am a newbie administrator to our moodle site at our school and over the weekend the format of the layout has changed when I access the VLE on site but the when i access the VLE from home the format is how it should be. I was wondering what could be causing the problem?

I have attached a picture on the home screen from school and at home both using IE8

Thanks for your help in advanced

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kevin oakes

Re: Theme issues, different on site compared to off site, please help?

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Some ideas:

1) Settings/Extra settings of your "on site IE8" might have some css blocker - you could try to reset both settings and extra settings of that particular browser (Tools - Internet settings...) or test another browser (Chrome, FF,...) from the same computer.

2) Some extra browser plugin, spyware program etc in that particular computer might break source code or javascripts. You could open Developer Tools within Internet Explorer 8, press F12; alternatively, on the Tools command bar, click the Developer Tools button. Press next Start Debugging button or press F5 to see if something strange is going on...

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by kevin oakes -

Hi I have tried firefox 'on site' as well as IE8 and i still get the same problem.

The debugging did not show anything unusal

Thanks

It was working fine last friday then when i came in on the monday then the layout was all different.

In reply to kevin oakes

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kevin,

I've just looked at your Schools website and hit the link to VLE Login, which doesn't look wrong although the width is wider than my screen resolution 1024x768 so had to scroll right. But that's not a problem. Using Firebug I detected a rogue <!-- in footer of login page, which seems to originiate in some JS scripts at top of hearder, or in the vicinity of those scripts.

Refering to one of the images, which shows 'Skip to..' in sideblocks and main of page, is a known problem and in moodle 1.9 is usually caused by broken code, whitespaces in config.php or partly unfinished upgrading.

But since your site looks fine outside your school site it must be the computer/s you are using at the school, or something local to the school system settings maybe ???

Mary