warning with hotpot\lib.php

warning with hotpot\lib.php

by erick lignon -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

When I try to upload a Hot Pot SCO package on Moodle, I get 2 warning  messages. The quizz was designed with Hot Pot v.6.  My website runs Moodle 1.8.

Could you help me ?

Here is the warnings:
Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys <http://localhost/mod/hotpot/function.array-keys>]: The first argument should be an array in N:\mes_cours\Moodle\moodle\mod\hotpot\lib.php on line *1555*
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in *N:\mes_cours\Moodle\moodle\mod\hotpot\lib.php on line *1556*

Average of ratings: -
In reply to erick lignon

Re: warning with hotpot\lib.php

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Eric,

The HotPot module doesn't know about SCO packages.

When adding new HotPot activity please set the "File name" to point to either a Hot Potatoes XML file, i.e. a jcl, jcw, jmt, jmx, or jqz file, or Hot Potatoes html file, created by selecting "Create standard V6 page" from one of the HP applications.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by erick lignon -

Dear Gordon,

Many thanks for your answer.

The first time I uploaded a SCO package, I forgot to unzip. So I made the mistake you are talking about.  And I got an error message.

But now, it is different.

In fact, the HotPot activity works (I forgot to mention this) sad

However, there are these 2 warnings each time I add a new HotPot activity to the course.

In reply to erick lignon

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I see - sort of. Could you attach a sample of one of your Hot Potatoes files to your next post to this forum please.

thanks
Gordon

by erick lignon -

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your help.
I join the zip file.

Eric

In reply to erick lignon

by Gordon Bateson -

Thanks Eric. The file you attached looked like a SCORM file. We don't want that. As I tried to say earlier, the HotPot module doesn't know about SCORM files.

It looks as though this is a JMatch exercise, so please try adding the "JOBS-matching.jmt" to Moodle as a HotPot activity.

Gordon

by erick lignon -

I get it!

Module HotPot does not rely on SCORM at all, not even for reporting grades.

This is amazing.

Thanks Gordon.