Certificate module 1.9 in 2.0?

Certificate module 1.9 in 2.0?

by charles steelman -
Number of replies: 8

Is it possible to install the 1.9 module in 2.0?

Or is there another module that provides certificate-like support?

What about downgrading Moodle to version 1.9?

I'm not against trying the 1.9 module, but I thought I'd ask first ;)

Thanks,
Charles

Average of ratings: -
In reply to charles steelman

Re: Certificate module 1.9 in 2.0?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you have Moodle 2.0 then I would wait for the 2.0 version of the certificate to be ready.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joel Brondos -

Which will come first?

(a) Certificate 2.0 is released.

(b) Robin Redbreast is seen in my (Chicago) front yard

(c) 4th of July fireworks

(d) Pigs fly

In reply to Joel Brondos

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Joel,

Glad to see you are another ENTHUSIASTIC user of Certificate.

As Chad pointed out,  Certificate is a donation.   My contribution is moral support and that don't pay the bills of people who DO write code and add those improvements that all of us appreciate.   They do it in their spare time.

Perhaps Certificate should be included as part of the Moodle Core.  It has been around a long time, is relatively stable,  it's developers recognized the importance of conditional activities way before Lesson or Moodle 2.0, and some of the most important organizations in the world (humor) can not live without it !

Sigh, and this too shall pass.   Happy Holidays  Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Collman

by Leonardo Bittencourt -

Hello everyone!

Please tell me if someone already has the module of Certificate (Certificate) for Moodle 2.0. A version of this module has been updated?

I'm updating my version of Moodle and takes a lot of this module. Can anyone help me?

Regards ..

In reply to Leonardo Bittencourt

by Jose Navas -

Hi,

The certificate 2.0 is not ready yet.

Regards

by charles steelman -

Is Certificate 2.0 going to take that long?

Certificate support is essential, and downgrading to Moodle 1.9 is an option.

by Chad Outten -

@Joel, Charles:

Firstly, I'm not the developer, just another Moodler - like yourselves, keen to use certificate for 2.0. I'm supposing it will be ready when it is ready.

Bear in mind, 'Certificate' is a third-party module - that has been contributed by developers who give freely of their time. On the same token, there's no assurances how the plugin will be supported, documented or maintained. You might (not) have read the italicised caveat at the top of the modules & plugins database page:

---

WARNING: Please be aware that some of these items have not been reviewed, and the quality and/or suitability for your Moodle site has not been checked. The modules here may have security problems, data-loss problems, interface problems or just plain not work. Please think carefully about maintenance before relying on contributed code in your production site, as some of this code may not work with future versions of Moodle.

---

Feel free to check out Moodle Docs and Tracker for further information.

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Certificate_Module#Changes_planned_for_Moodle_2.0

http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CONTRIB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+%22Module:+Certificate%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Average of ratings: Useful (2)