MrCute2 - "XMLWriter unavailable" (+ security concerns)

MrCute2 - "XMLWriter unavailable" (+ security concerns)

by heli g -
Number of replies: 0

I have installed MrCute2 and I receiving the following error when I try to create a package:

XMLWriter unavailable
Stack trace:

* line 1664 of lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
* line 225 of mod/resource/type/mrcuteput/uploader.php: call to error()

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Unlike MrCuteJr's, MrCute2's Moodle docs are not very helpful. I googled and found this: MrCute 2 for Moodle Manual

which helped with the install, but I have to confess I am still confused. I only have configuration options for the Search Repository block. I don't see any option for validation, librarian role or related capability. Am I missing something obvious?

How would I uninstall this module if so desired?

What about the security of placing your repository in Site Files - with it's warning:

Note: Files placed here can be accessed by anyone who knows (or can guess) the URL.
For security reasons, backup files should be saved in the secure backupdata folder only.

Do Mr Cute's access control settings over-ride this?

I tried to see if there is anything useful at the project site (http://www.learningobjectivity.com/mrcute/) but cannot create an account because the site is failing to send emails.

Because my moodledata is outside the web root I created a symbolic link from the web root to moodledata/1/lms_repository.

The IMS Content Package Resource type is functioning - I can upload and view with no problem.

So I'd really be interested in any thoughts on MrCute.  I'd also be extremely grateful for ideas on "XMLWriter unavailable"

Heli

Moodle 1.9.7,   Sles 10

Average of ratings: -