Adding Teachers

Adding Teachers

by R McPhee -
Number of replies: 5

Sorry guys I am having a little trouble here...

I run a site, and have my admin user account, I am the only user other than students, in 1.9x I was able to assign myself as a teacher to a course, thus when a student submitted an assignment I was notified by email.

In 2.0, I am not able to locate where I might add a teacher to a course, or add myself as a teacher to a course so that I get these notifications.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I have been looking but now just getting frustrated...

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to R McPhee

Re: Adding Teachers

by Aparup Banerjee -

Hi,

When you're in the course,

If you go to settings block -> Course administration -> Users -> Enrolled users , you can find the list of enrolled users for the course . Click on the icon in the groups column for the user you want to add roles to.

cheers,

Aparup

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Aparup Banerjee

by R McPhee -

Thank you...

Never thought to enroll myself into the course first...

In reply to Aparup Banerjee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

By the way, the label "Enrolled users" is slightly misleading, since it links not only to users which are actually enrolled in the course (DISPLAY), but it also links to the page where you can enrol users (ACTION).

Rather than having a help tooltip which duplicates the link label, I suggest that the tooltip displays something like "Enrol users / display enrolled users".

There is another Usability issue with "enrol users" in 2.0. The Course settings Users submenu also displays "Enrolment methods > Manual enrolemnets", which is another way to enrol users in your course. The interface there is the same as the one in moodle 1.9, which is much easier to use if you have to select from a long list of potential users.

So we have 2 different ways to access the "Enrol users" feature, but none of them is labelled clearly.sad

Joseph

Attachment image01.jpg