Which is the most used question format in Moodle ?

Which is the most used question format in Moodle ?

by gaurav kalia -
Number of replies: 4

Can you please tell me which is the best format and also the mostly used format in Moodle ? I personally like Aiken format for multiple questions But I was researching about the widely used format !!! Ayone knows which one is it ?

Replies and Help will be appreciated !!!!

Thanks

Gaurav Kalia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gaurav kalia

Re: Which is the most used question format in Moodle ?

by William Hamilton -

ExamView is my choice because you can use the same question bank/ test in many different venues, e.g., in class with clickers; over the internet or LAN and LMS systems. If you decide to use ExamView, there are some issues with importing into Moodle but that fix is easy-- see forum; upload zipped question by the file button on left to designated folder, modify exam import page (Exam View (Blackboard) and then point to it from the quiz/exam import.

In reply to gaurav kalia

by Teresa Gibbison -

I personally like the GIFT format because I can make sure the question names, category, etc are all addedduring the import.

Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Derek Chirnside -

I guess GIFT is really all I know.

With our question writing day coming up I wondered if there was a visual editor of some kind for creating GIFT files.

In reply to gaurav kalia

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you want to get questions into Moodle quickly by authoring them offline, use GIFT or Aiken. They are easy to type.

If you want to transfer questions from one Moodle to another, use Moodle XML format. That can represent all the question options.