Blocks on Front page

Blocks on Front page

by Amit Krishineel Prasad -
Number of replies: 9

Hi There,

I have been using moodle for the past 5 months and i found that moodle is the best tool available. even the teachers appreciate moodle. so i would like to thank the team for the awesome work.

I would like to know how to add a block in the front page? i  know i can add news, calender and courses - but how about a new block? for example if i want to another annoucement or say a information block.

please advice.

best regards

Amit

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amit Krishineel Prasad

Re: Blocks on Front page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The HTML block is quite useful as you can add text or images or links to it and you can have as many as you want.

by Roman Hurtik -

Login as admin => Turn editing on => Select from dropdown menu “Blocks” the value “HTML”.

You are done.

In reply to Roman Hurtik

Thanks for the replies... i will try them now... let you know how i fair.

Thanks fellas....

i am now able to set blocks on the front page.

appreciate the nod of direction!!!

by Roman Hurtik -

No wories, get back to us if you run in troubles smile

In reply to Roman Hurtik

by Tanya Madurapperuma -

Hi friends,

does any body know how to  make the recent activity blocks content site level.What i want is to display the content of the recent activity block which is in each course page to be displayed in a new or same block in site level.Hope i'm clear.

Please help!!!!!!!!!

In reply to Tanya Madurapperuma

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi there

Only Site Administrators can add blocks to the front page of Moodle.  Also I don't have the Recent Activity block on our front page but I'm sure it will only list the recent activity on the front page (eg. news forum post added, calendar entry added).  I would check to ensure the information you need/don't need is appropriate after putting it on!

To add the block just login as admin to your Moodle site and select “Recent Activity”from the 'Add Blocks' dropdown (with editing turned on).

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Tanya Madurapperuma -

Thanks Teresa!!

But I have already added a new block.And also it displays assignment notifications in site level.Problem I'm facing is displaying non calendar entries such as lessons,quizes uploaded by teachers.I have the administrative privileges regarding my site.

Because it will be easy for students to see relevant notifications for them without navigating through each course page.

Thanks

Regards

Tanya