TAKE TWO -Upgrade from Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101028) to (Build: 20101029)

TAKE TWO -Upgrade from Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101028) to (Build: 20101029)

by Clarence Prudhoe -
Number of replies: 3

There are two problems with my last entry.  I was using Win IE-8 and I ran the Spell Checker.  The spell checker does not work properly in IE-8.  When I tried to post to the forum, the discussion message was blank.  I used the back arrow and got back to the version before I ran the spell checker.  I tried it again and this time it saved but it left out some text.  I switched to FireFox for this posting.

Now, I can not edit or reply to my last post.  I guess my screenshot is too big sad

I will attempt to restate the upgrade problem here:

When I tried to upgrade from Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101028)
to Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101029) the first thing it did was run the Plugins Check. I got 17 "Non-standard (about to be installed)"  notices.  I have been keeping my site up-to-date nearly every day.  Now all of a sudden it tells me that there are 17 non-standard plugins in my data???  See attached screenshot.

There must be a bug in Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101029)

Any suggestions?

Clarence

Attachment PluginsCheck.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

Re: TAKE TWO -Upgrade from Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101028) to (Build: 20101029)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Clarence - yes I noticed your big post before - it is an irritation but sometimes on these forums big screenshots cut off the end of the text and also the reply button. What I do is reduce the text size on my pc by clicking the - minus key until I get the reply button back - not ideal though as I then can barely see the post I want to reply to!big grin Your nonstandard modules are old 1.9 ones that shouldn't have been in Moodle 2.0 in the first place - did you definitely get the Moodle 2.0 bit of CVS?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: TAKE TWO -Upgrade from Moodle 2.0 RC1 (Build: 20101028) to (Build: 20101029)

by Clarence Prudhoe -

Hi Mary,

I can't use CVS on my shared server, so I am using the nightly build downloaded as a .zip file.  I downloaded it twice and installed it on my server twice with the same result. 

I have two development sites that I update nightly.  One was ported from Moodle 1.9 last June.  The other was built with a new database using Moodle 2.0, last September.

Both sites have the same Non-standard Modules notices.  But, I have no non-standard modules in either database.  If I click Continue, the update is aborted.

I am convinced there is a bug in (Build: 20101029).   I just wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Clarence