Old certificate records are not showing even though inserted old values in db

Old certificate records are not showing even though inserted old values in db

by Michelle Rodrigues -
Number of replies: 1

I installed the certificate module for moodle 1.9 and it worked fine.

Then i kept a copy of the database.

And again uninstalled the certificate module and reinstalled it.

And then inserted the old entries into the new certificate tables which i reinstalled.

But the old entries of certificate does not show up.

When I go to Activities-> Manage Activities -> for certificate it shows 17 as in the database. But when I click on the number it shows me the courses.

When i click on each course.It takes me to the course, but does not show up the certificate.

Please help..

its urgent..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Rodrigues

Need Certificate MySQL assistance: Old certificate records are not showing even though inserted old values in db

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Ooooh, sorry.  We really need someone who knows MySQL and Certificate to answer your question (this is not me).

Just to be clear: you go to your course.  Before you uninstalled the certificate, it had a certificate in it.  And after you uninstalled and reinstalled the certificate module,  the certificate is no longer there.  Is this correct?

I have a this idea that there is another MySQL database table involved that you did not backup, thus it does not have a record that a certificate is there.  I bet if you had the My Certificate block (report) installed, it might show the certificates to the administrator.

I do know know what happens to certificates that maybe stored in /moodledata in each course folder, when certificate is uninstalled.

If it was me, I would create a localhost and install certificate, create a course and add a certificate.  Have a student receive a certificate.   Then look at the MySQL tables and moodledata.   Finally, uninstall and reinstall certificate and see what didn't happen.

I suspect that Moodle code picks up on the fact that Certificate has been installed.  When you add a certificate to a course, it add a record to one of the course MySQL tables which has a field that points to a record in a certificate table.   Maybe that link is no long valid, or uninstalling certificate automatically deletes the link.

Hope somebody else steps in.   Chris