JQuiz wont' run in moodle

JQuiz wont' run in moodle

by Alex Varsakopoulos -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all,

I uploaded my Jquiz excercise to moodle but it won't run. It just gives me a blank screen and in the address bar it gives me the little icon of my webhost and not moodle's. It runs fine on my pc.

Thank you!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

Re: JQuiz wont' run in moodle

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alex,

please attach your JQuiz to your next post to this forum.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Alex,

Is this related to the problem you wrote to me about privately? You  first need create to put the all the related sound, image and video files in the same folder as your .jqz file before you start to make the exercise and generate the html file. If you move them around afterwards you will break the links.

Zip up the folder, upload it to the Moodle Files area (in Moodle 1.9), unzip it and use either the Hot Potatoes Module or QuizPort to display the exercise. I've put an example below of choosing the htm file in the Hot Potatoes Module.

Cheers,

Glenys

Attachment 18-10-2010 14-05-47.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Thank you Glenys,

I was able to upload my hotpotato JQuiz but it wouldn't run. I get this on my address bar:

http://www.epikinonia.org/moodle/mod/hotpot/view.php?id=59

and the browswer goes blank.

Thank you so much!

Alex

In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alex

your file is a Hot Potatoes 5 file. I don't think that will work very well with the Moodle's HotPot module. I suggest you install Hot Potatoes 6 on your PC and create your quizzes with that.

You can download Hot Potatoes 6 from here:

good luck!
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (2)