Installed it, now what?

Installed it, now what?

by Jason E -
Number of replies: 4

I installed the certificate module following the instructions in what is pretty much the only documentation I could find.

http://docs.moodle.org/en/certificate_module

These instructions jump right into tips and tricks and say nothing about how to configure it for basic use. Am I supposed to see settings in the site administration menu? I don't understand.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason E

Re: Installed it, now what?

by Jason E -

I finally figured it out, it's not that difficult but a quick start guide would be helpful.

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason E

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Jason,

Thanks for the last comment. "Help buttons give more information about each setting," is accurate but not exactly what in the spirit of a helpful MoodleDoc entry.  I usually pick up on those things.   Must be losing my new user perspective.

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Raymond Fürst -

Most plugins and modules can be used right out of the box, after the admin has put them onto the server.

Unlike other blocks and modules, the certificate activity requires more tweaking down to file-level, if you want to customize the included standard types.

I support Jasons wish for some quick start guide.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason E

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

That was fun.  I did some editing in Moodle Docs.  Now have an Add/edit certificate module page.   Move stuff from mod/certificate/mod.  I also added what amounts to a duplicate set of settings instructions on Certificate module.

Noticed there were no pictures of a certificate on the certificate module page.  So I added 3 images.   Decided to go all out on the 3rd one, just to show I have no sence of style  smile  Copy attached.

Attachment Certificate199 example creative 200.png