My Profile -> Forum Posts -> Posts link gone

My Profile -> Forum Posts -> Posts link gone

by Itamar Tzadok -
Number of replies: 9

There is only the link to Discussions. Getting the posts is still possible by modifying the discussions url:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/user.php?id=150168&mode=discussions&course=5

=>

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/user.php?id=150168&mode=posts&course=5

But a direct link would be friendlier and greatly appreciated. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: My Profile -> Forum Posts -> Posts link gone

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't understand what you are meaing Itamar? What are you wanting to see? If I click in navigation>myprofile>forumposts I can see my own recent forum posts -what are you meaning different?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Itamar Tzadok -

Mary, the image below is what I see. If you see what I see and click on Discussions you can see your own recent forum discussion topics but not replies. That's the distinction between discussion and posts. Discussions refer to only the top level discussion topics whereas posts refer both discussion topics and replies. smile

Attachment myprofile-forumposts.png
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

yes - that's what I see too( but I never worried about not seeing replies -if it was a discussion I had taken part in I would just click the relevant post of mine and go back to it). I understand what you mean now; thanks

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes but that's exactly the point. With the discussions link you can see only discussions you started! But not those others started and you contributed to. Below is the 1.9.x version in which posts is (I think) the default. smile

Attachment myprofile-forumposts-posts.png
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Itamar,

Is this the same as the problem reported in the tracker here: MDL-24569?

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Mary Cooch -

I think you are right Glenys, but I have also noticed and have  commented in that tracker, that as admin on another Moodle I see the posts AND discussions link -but as a regular user I don't.

Attachment admin.png
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It looks like MDL-24569 will soon be fixed. smile