Moodle 2.0 URL resource - what's with the comments?

Moodle 2.0 URL resource - what's with the comments?

by Ross Nicoll -
Number of replies: 2
We've been experimenting with Moodle 2 locally, and I've noticed the URL resource requires a comment. Why is that? I'm aware I can doubtlessly just go into the code and stop it doing so, but I'd like to know the reasoning before I do so, and ideally see this changed in core so I don't have to maintain extra patches for local smile It seems odd to me; many (most?) of the links staff provide are self explanatory, require no more explanation than can be provided in the name, or are explained by use of labels on the page. Is this just us? There have been cases where staff have wanted comments on URLs, and I'm glad they're an option, but required seems odd. On a related note, presumably to show the comment, getting in to a URL always requires clicking on it twice (once on the course page, once on the next page that comes up). Any chance of a "Just get on with it" option for when URLs are clicked? Am I missing something obvious?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross Nicoll

Re: Moodle 2.0 URL resource - what's with the comments?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. In site admin>plugins>activity modules>manage activities>URL you can uncheck the "require description" which is what I presume you mean. You can also do it for others in their appropriate settings pages

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 2.0 URL resource - what's with the comments?

by Ross Nicoll -

Fantastic, many thanks! Also solved the double-click issue (only happens if a description is provided).