Theming the chat window

Theming the chat window

από dan attwood -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 4

I'm having an issue with my new theme that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Most of the theme is working fine but the chat window is having some issues. The bottom frame and right frame are picking up a lot of the rest of the theme. Hence they don't fit properly without resizing. This is pretty hard to explain in words but hopefully the attached pic explains it well.

Συνημμένο chat.png
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε dan attwood

Re: Theming the chat window

από David Penner -

Did you end up finding a solution to this issue. I'm having the same problem. Any links or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Σε απάντηση σε David Penner

από Lynn Scarlet Clark -

Hello David,

I found your post as I was trawling through looking for a quick fix, rather than having to work it out myself. I don't normally look at chat module posts, usually I only reply to general and lessons.

However, I had similar issues and had to negate a background image that was used throughout the site and just have a white background.

Firstly can I say that you need to be editing your highest level styles_layout.css - ie the one that's in the theme folder you are using (mine for instance is in my own theme). You may need to turn off all the modules: chat section css in any other standard theme folders (in syles_layout.css in those) if these changes won't implement.
In styles_layout.css scroll down/search to get to the modules:chat section - all this css goes in there

To ensure the background is totally white throughout (or your choice of colour) add the following:

#message-messages,

#message-send,

#message-user,

#mod-chat-gui_header_js-chatinput,

#mod-chat-gui_header_js-jsupdate,

#mod-chat-gui_header_js-users
 {

background-image:none;

background-color:#FFF;

}

Hope this helps

Σε απάντηση σε Lynn Scarlet Clark

από David Penner -

Thanks for your comments Scarlet.

We've ended up using the gui_ajax chat type rather than the gui_header_js. The ajax chat ships with a couple of themes that seemt to work really well out of the box. Also the ajax chat is a lot more responsive.

Thanks!