allow student for change password

allow student for change password

by Ankit Jain -
Number of replies: 6

can any one give me a proper direction from where i can enable change password option for a student in moodle 1.9.7 .please give me a proper direction.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ankit Jain

Re: allow student for change password

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ankit,

This is completely off topic for this forum!

But anyway, if you are using manual enrolment, then the user can change their password by clicking on their name to get to their profile and then click on 'Change Password'.  If you want to change their password as an administrator, then you can browse the list of users and click on their name to get to their profile and change it for them in the same way.

I cannot remember what happens with the other enrolment plugins.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ankit Jain -

Thanks sir,but i am using moodle 1.9.7 for my school site .here  admin can easily change his password ,but when student click on his name after login then one box i.e. change password is not shown for him. so please give me a number of way  from where i can do this.not only student but for all authenticate users.

In reply to Ankit Jain

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ankit,

To be honest, I do not know.  Ask your admin to look at the enrolment plugins you are using.

Regards,

Gareth

In reply to Ankit Jain

by Евгений Мамаев -
Picture of Plugin developers

You got to check permissions for students. Check Site Administration menu: Users->Permissions->Define roles. Find the role 'Authenticated user' and check capability called 'Change own password'. Set it to allow

In reply to Евгений Мамаев

by Fahima MO -

Hi 

as you mentioned, I've cheked the capability in permission but I have no part " Change own password" , how my users can change the password? .

they recieve this email:

Unfortunately your account on this site is disabled and can not be reset,
please contact the site administrator,

any idea?

thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Fahima MO

by Gareth J Barnard -

Well... if the account has been disabled then you cannot change the password!  That's a separate thing, so contact the administrator as it says.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)