Moodle 2 - URL Resource and Articulate Presenter

Moodle 2 - URL Resource and Articulate Presenter

by Reuben Rowntree -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I'm struggling to get Articulate Presenter presentations working in Moodle 2. In Moodle 1.9 I used to use the link to file, I would upload the whole presentation which includes a player.html file and all the necessary content (.swf, images and videos) in folders. I would then just link to the player.html file. When a user clicked on this resource it would open the player.html file in a new window.

I would still like to store the content in the moodledata directory to prevent unauthorized access. But the URL resource does not seem to allow a URL within the filepicker. If I click the "choose a link" button I get the response: "Sorry, none of your current repositories can return external files."

If I try to use the "File" resource I get a blank page when I link to the player.html file.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Reuben

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Reuben Rowntree

Re: Moodle 2 - URL Resource and Articulate Presenter

by Daniel Sánchez -

Hi Reuben,

Here in the place I work we have the same exact problem, have you found the solution?

Thank You.

In reply to Daniel Sánchez

by Mafaz Zarook -

Hi Reuben & Daniel

You can save articulate presentation in SCORM format and in moodle under activity drop down list you can select the SCORM/AICC and upload the file, thats the easiest way as I understant

In reply to Mafaz Zarook

by Fernando Moreno -

Hi, all of you,

I'm having the same problem, with or without packaging the contents in a SCORM ZIP. I've tried to load the contents in the repository created for a course in order to upload them using FTP. So far I've tried:

- Articulate contents (html) not zipped.
- Articulate contents (html) zipped, then unzipped and selecting the main file (player.html, or launcher.html).
- Articulate contents zipped as SCORM.

Nothing is working properly. It seems that there's some sort of problem with the root recognition. I don't find any other reason.

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Moreno

by Fernando Moreno -

It seems to me that I've found the source of trouble. The zip compressor I was using was probably faulty. When Moodle decompressed the file the directory tree disappeared and all the files were on he same level.

Using another compresor (in my case, the one provided by Reload Editor), the decompression system worked fine and the package is displayed without trouble.

In reply to Fernando Moreno

by Michael Dumais -

Hi Everyone, this was driving me crazy as well. I figured out the problem...Moodle 2.0 doesn't like spaces in the URL and will give you the message that Ruben talked about.  I found that some of my URL's were accepted and some were not. I discovered that the ones that weren't accepted all had spaces in the URL, and when I removed the spaces, it accepted the URL as a "proper" url. An example of what I mean is below:

Unaccepted:
http://172.28.9.127/course_digital_media/DiabetesLoretta Grimm FINAL/Insulin Loretta Grimm FINAL.html

Accepted
http://172.28.9.127/course_digital_media/DiabetesLorettaGrimmFINAL/Insulin_Loretta_Grimm_FINAL.html

Hope this helps.
Mike

In reply to Michael Dumais

by Kulari Lokuge -

Hi Mike,

This was helpful...found that even the Zip files can not contain any spaces...

Kulari