Moodle 2.0 . . .

Moodle 2.0 . . .

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 5

Well, Moodle 2.0 has arrived at Moodle.org.  Well done guys!!

Where do you guys reckon the best forum is to discuss Moodle 2.0 in general is?  Should there be a Moodle 2.0 forum here?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Moodle 2.0 . . .

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good question - at the moment there is just the QA forum over on Using Moodle - but that's for testing and problems  - for general discussion about how we feel about features I am not sure - let's talk here for the time being until a better idea comes upSmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Derek Chirnside -

Here's my suggestion: at least four forums in a 2.0 topic thingy:

1. 2.0: Quick questions.  Encourage decent subject lines.
  2. 2.0: Useability
  3. 2.0: Thoughts, suggestions, experieinces
  4. 2.0: General

There is a lot wrong with this idea.  It may create a monster.  But we are sort of schizophrenic at the moment, living with 2.0 and 1.9 in our brains.  I would like somewhere to just relax and talk about 2.0.  The regular forums are already messy from the pov of 1.9 vs 2.0.

I'd be prepared to help curate input.  We need a way to capture user input without having to use the tracker or get lost in the regular forums or worse.

I will ruin this post with my first comment.  I wonder how may of us will kill our posts here by clicking the Add button rather than the Post button?

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)

by Derek Chirnside -

I know this is really sad replying to your own post.  I have had one notification e-mail since the upgrade, I wonder if it is me or everyone.

-Derek

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Derek - As I understand, it was a known issue being worked on that emails were not going out. I forget the final resolution but it was somewhat anticipated as one of those little bumps to be expected. Thanks for your patience. Peace - Anthony

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Derek,

Great to hear of your enthusiasm for discussing Moodle 2.0.  approve

Rather than creating even more forums in Using Moodle, I'd like to encourage everyone to use the Testing and QA forum and the Usability forum, as suggested in all the preview release notes. However, no doubt people will post about 2.0 all over Using Moodle (and in the Lounge!) It seems that forum names and descriptions don't have much of an effect on where people choose to post!

Regarding email notifications of forum posts, this feature was disabled for some time whilst debugging took place (better no emails at all than tons of duplicates). Things should be working normally now though. If not, please report the problem in the Moodle Tracker.