Results not making it back into quizport

Results not making it back into quizport

by James O'Connor -
Number of replies: 3
New to quizport.

After many hours I'm back at the discussion posts at moodle.

Problem: I have six hotpot quizzes that worked fine as stand alone quizzes but looked messy. Add a link to the next quiz by re-editing the quizzes in hotpot I loaded them into quizport as a quiz chain. The first quiz works fine and inserts score into grade-book, also when quizzes are not linked using 'Next Quiz' in updating quiz, score inserts into quizport table.

However, the second quiz loads fine, but at the conclusion of the quiz nothing happens (quizport does not react to the end of the quiz), and results are lost when navigating back, or away from that page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim O'Connor.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James O'Connor

Re: Results not making it back into quizport

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Maybe the "link to the next quiz" that you inserted is not quite what QuizPort expects, so although it may seem that "the second quiz loads fine", in actual fact the quiz is not coming via QuizPort, so it has knows nothing about how to gather up results and send them back to Moodle.

Alternatively, there may be a JavaScript error in the second quiz, which is blocking the return of results to Moodle.

Either way, please recreate the QuizPort on my server, so that we can look at it together:

cheers
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by James O'Connor -

Thanks Gordon,

I'Ve uploaded some on the chain of quizzes to the space you provided and found that, as you say, the second quiz in the chain was not functioning when opened. (although it displays fine on my site).

Comparing the two folders, I see that for some reason Hotpot has produced a seperate .js file with the second quiz. I installed hotpot in the days when you had to pay uvic $30, and haven't used it for more than a year (moved to Adobe Presenter/Captivate) and don't understand why hotpot is producing this extra .js file when ceating a web page (F6). It seems I must have forgotten something.

Oh dear, just found the 'produce seperate jave file' in config set-up. now i feel stupid. However thanks for your quick response Gordon, have a good day.

In reply to James O'Connor

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear James,
thanks for uploading the quizzes to my server.

As you have summized, the second quiz is not working as expected because the JavaScript is in an external JS file. QuizPort is expecting the JS to be in the quiz's HTML file, so that it can add the extra code to be able to return results to Moodle.

You can get this quiz working with QuizPort if you regenerate the HTML file without the external JS file. Alternatively you can run the quiz from the ".jqz" file.

Interestingly, the HotPot module would be able to handle this quiz, because it modifies the JS once the quiz has loaded in the browser, so it doesn't matter if the JS came from the HTML file or an external JS file.

Well done for finding the cause of the problem approve

best regards
Gordon