Bribble chat

Re: Bribble chat

by Neil S -
Number of replies: 0
Bribble is java on the server side and Flash in the browser. I had read some threads from earlier, and saw that java was not being pursued. It seemed that the opposition was to client side java (and for good reason)... Though I may be wrong on that. I also read a thread that brought up using flash, but it was mentioned that most such applications require the Flash Comm server... which of course, costs some money. Bribble does not require the comm server component.

I would like to show moodle to some of our faculty -- to see what they think... I know that one of the things I would hear is that the chat functionality in the stable version is not what they are accustomed to, and so might negatively impact their perception... Something I would rather avoid wink

I decided to do some digging, and thus, came across bribble.. which I did not find mention of on moodle.org - I will further investigate integration if others feel it's worthy.

As far as what functionality it has that other chat does not, probably not a lot more or less... It appears to be pretty standard chat.

I am also going to be checking out the work that has been done thus far in CVS... So far I have only investigated the latest stable moodle... I will offer any assistance I can to solving any of the bugs in the new chat module over there as well...

On a side note, I also ran accross this... I'm guessing it requires the flash comm server... but it sure is pretty smile  GE whiteboard I wonder if something like this can be done without the comm server.

ns