Hyperlink to courseB inside courseA

Hyperlink to courseB inside courseA

by susheel arora -
Number of replies: 3

We are using Moodle as our LMS and Articulate Presenter 6.0.1 to publish SCORM courses. We have a requirement to provide a hyperlink for a course inside an another course.

i.e. User working on course A clicks a hyperlink to course B and it open up into another window.

We are able to provide this link inside course A. But we are stuck in doing the following.

(1). We want to close course A once user moves to course B through the hyperlink i.e. user won't be interested in doing both the courses simultaneously.

(2). We want to provide a link for a subsection of a course(B) inside

course(A) i.e. we want a link inside courseA which will take user to the 4th slide of the courseB.

We hope above requirements are feasible and will get the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Susheel Arora

Average of ratings: -
In reply to susheel arora

Re: Hyperlink to courseB inside courseA

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Susheel,

For both solution use labels and create hyperlinks for them.

For 1, edit the html and add 'target="_self"' as an attribute of the 'a' tag. There is a newer JavaScript way of doing this which you could try if this is the solution you need.

For 2, use anchors -> http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_link_bookmark with the 'a' tag.

Cheers,

Gareth
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by susheel arora -
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using articulate to publish scorm course from powerpoint files, so we can't write script inside a ppt.

We are able to give hyperlink of courseB inside courseA and it working fine but our concern is on the other part of the problem.

1. We need to close courseA once user moves to courseB, Is there any way to do this.
2. Also we are interesting in to move user to a specific slide of courseB.

Regards,
Susheel
In reply to susheel arora

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Susheel,

I think that PowerPoint allows you to create hyperlinks to websites (URL of the other course) and links to slides in itself.

Try that?

Cheers,

Gareth