mPage 1.0 for Android

mPage 1.0 for Android

by J. Chan -
Number of replies: 6
Hi everyone,

I am excited to announce that mPage is available for Android phone now.
Please download the Android mPage 1.0 version from here.

Cheers

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J. Chan

Re: mPage 1.0 for Android

by J. Chan -
Special News:

If anyone who has downloaded the FREE trial version in the past 7 days, please kindly uninstall the mPage for Android apps, because it would be discontinued from future updates.

If you like the app, you may buy it by downloading it from here. This app will be updated to version 1.1 with forum module soon. Thanks for your support.
In reply to J. Chan

Re: mPage FREE Trial version

by J. Chan -

Hi to all,

Anyone who is interested in trying out mPage before purchase can send an email to james@moodle.hk. I shall send you an iTunes promo code to redeem mPage for testing on your iPhone or iPod Touch. (Sorry we don't have a trial out version for Android at the moment). The trial out period last 4 weeks.

Many thanks.

In reply to J. Chan

by Anthony Emery -

Does it support Moodle 2.0, or are there future plans for this?

In reply to Anthony Emery

by Frank Erazo -

I have not had a chance to use mPage for a 2.0 instance, however, I can tell you that I am a little concerned with it because when I try to enroll in a course, it tells me that I cannot despite the course being enrollable.  But when I go back to My Courses, I see the course right there.

I also don't like the fact that I cannot somehow control the look and feel of the login page.  When I checked the website, all I could find was them basically telling me "Give me $$$$ and we'll let you!".  I realize it's an App, but I would have liked to have seen the front page at least have the name of my Moodle Instance.

I can tell you that on an iPhone, iTouch or iPad, the Moodle instance looks just fine.  Aside from Apple's refusal to play flash files, the site works just fine.  There is another App out there called mTouch, but I believe it costs $1.99...not really sure.  There are some issues with that one such as being able to see courses in hidden categories and the courses page not refreshing as courses are moved, hidden or made available.

In reply to Frank Erazo

by J. Chan -
Hi, regarding your feedback on the enrollment issue, can you send me the details?

As mPage has already supported the Moodle enrollment key, I would like to know the details on your issue. There has not been, so far, any feedback regarding the enrollment feature of mPage, and I am quite sure that it should be working fine.

We have full back up for both mPage and mBook, please visit our website at http://moodle.hk and leave us any comments at the forum and we shall start to help you right away.

Regarding the front page, our current design can show you the same page AFTER log in. It's on the left hand side of the bottom menu bar. Regarding the log in page, our interface is supporting a plain simple design with username, password, self-email registration, password help and guest login.

We are supporting institute to use their own logo, login details, info page, their own names and their own icon for the app. As there is such a demand in the market, we are offering the above service on a low charge base. However, as we are approaching the first anniversary of the launch of mPage, we are planning a special version of mPage within the month of celebration. Please watch out for our further announcement.

Cheers.
In reply to Anthony Emery

by J. Chan -
Hi, we are going to release the version 1.3 (for iOS) with our interface to support the quiz module. I hope we would support the 2.0 version soon in version 1.5 or after. Thanks.