Creating a Popup-Box

Creating a Popup-Box

από Alex Strehler -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 4
Hi all.

I would like to use a Popup-box in a text site. It's supposed to appear when you hit a word with the mouse. The box should display maybe a explanation of the word. I've got no administrative rights, I'm just tutor. Is there any function in moodle to integrate a box in the normal moodle-text-editor?

Thanks
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Alex Strehler

Re: Creating a Popup-Box

από Chris Collman -
Φωτογραφία Documentation writers
Hi Alex,
This does not appear to be a lesson activity question. I think the short answer is a probalby no.

However, you should look at the Glossary module. This is something that is completely separate from the HTML edit tool. As a tutor, I think you could enable it for (your) group, make glossary entries. Then the text is highlighted.

For example in my current browser, in the first line of this post, "lesson" is underlined with a red line. This is glossary at work.

If you were really clever, you could use the HTML editor linking tool in any content area. Perhaps you wanted some definition about the Moors Murders, today;s feature page in wikipedia. When you scroll over the text there is my summary and a click takes you to the page. Or you want to know the answer to absolutely everything. In this last example I put 42 in the HTML link and my title to explain it (essentially a broken link a bad form but what the heck).

Thank goodness there is no "42" in this forum, because Joseph and I would have nothing to dobig grin, except say "42".

Chris
Σε απάντηση σε Chris Collman

από Alex Strehler -
Thanks for the answer. At the moment im using span-tags with a title. Looks like this. In future i will use the Glossary i think.
Σε απάντηση σε Alex Strehler

από Chris Collman -
Φωτογραφία Documentation writers
Thanks for sharing. I have had no formal training in HTML so I am very shallow in spots.

I used my forum moderator powers to copy the span tag that Alex used in "Looks like this". this, which is my version. Here is what Alex put:
<span style="color: red;" title="Here comes the text">this</span>.

Chris