Workshop Email notification in moodle 2?

Workshop Email notification in moodle 2?

i le David Nash -
Number of replies: 2
One of the biggest issues with the Workshop is the lack of email notification.

I have asked this a long time ago to be added to the Workshop Module but was told Workshop would be discontinued for Moodle 2.

I use the Workshop to fill a need.

I have students in remote locations and we use Phone conversations to test and quiz users for certain topics where an online test is not suitable.

I use the workshop module to get the student to request a telephone conversation, but due to the lack of email notifications, the teacher has to be sent a separate email by the student to let them know that they have requested an assessment.

If the email is not sent then the teacher is not aware that the student has requested the assessment and so delays occur.

Apart from that, it suits the needs to assess via telephone.

If it was possible to send an automatic email notification to the teacher of the course that the student has requested the "assessment" then it would solve a lot of problems.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Nash

Re: Workshop Email notification in moodle 2?

i le David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks David for the suggestion,

I can understand your need for this and of course, email notification on new submission would be nice cherry on the workshop cake.

Please create a feature request in Moodle Tracker and let us see if other folks find such request reasonable enough to vote for it.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Workshop Email notification in moodle 2?

i le Isabelle Langeveld -

This is a very old post. I the setup of the Workshop I can not find a way to set up notifications for the event a student submits.either to the teacher or to other participant. Is any work being done on this? Is it useful to open a tracker and assemble requests?