Hiding the Administration Block for Students?

Hiding the Administration Block for Students?

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,
How can I hide the Administration of courses Block for students?

I would prefer it not to be shown at all to students. As it is now the Block is shown with a link to My profile.

Kind regards, Jonas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonas Lagneryd

Re: Hiding the Administration Block for Students?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well the simplest way is to hide it with the eye, as you would hide resources on the page.The only minus is that if you wanted to do something in the admin block you would then have to open its eye temporarily to do it and then close its eye again.
Alternatively if you click on the icon above the block "assign roles" and then "student" you can set it to prevent students viewing the block. You will then be able to see it as a course teacher but they as students will not.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Great, thanks! Can I do this on a site level, avoiding to set it for each and every course?
Best regards, Jonas

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
afaik Not really thoughtful
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
But you could edit the permissions of the student (site admin>users>permissions>define roles) to prevent them viewing their profiles if that is all you want to hide the admin block for

by John Smith -

Hi Jonas,

This is probably not needed any more but just to help people, I think I found a way of doing this:

I went into the Assign roles of the Site admin block > Assigned all my students as a guest on this block (just so I can edit the permissions without affecting anyone) > then went to override permissions on the block and clicked prohibit for View Block for the guest user.

This allowed the Admin to still view the block as normal but stopped the students from seeing the block at site level without having to hide anything.

Thanks

Ant

Average of ratings: Useful (2)