Automatic Linking

Automatic Linking

by Beto Boton -
Number of replies: 2
I'm on a Mac

I use "Smultron" plain text editor with the text files I need to PASTE into Moodle Questionnaire so this way any formatting is completely removed from the text.

If I paste a text which contains, for example, the NAME of this Questionnaire, it immediately appears a LINK into the "Question Text" area of the Questionnaire.
If I paste a text which contains a phrase "Helping Document Number 2" and I have a page in the COURSE with a link to a file named "Helping Document Number 2" this also becomes a LINK.

I need to manually remove each word or phrase where this link was created automatically using the html editor and clicking on the UNLINK symbol.

NOTE that I'm pasting UTF-8 text only, but even if I TYPE "Helping Document Number 2"the automatic linking happens.

How do I disable this behaviour?

Thanks

Beto Boton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beto Boton

Re: Automatic Linking

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Beto,

1.- The automatic glossary linking feature does not pertain to the Questionnaire module itself. It is a site-wide setting which you enable or disable in admin settings.
If the name of your questionnaire generates an autolink, this is because you have turned Administration / Modules / Filters / Manage filters / Filter all strings ON.

2.- If you want to prevent the autolink feature when you are typing (or pasting) text in moodle's HTML editor (everywhere on your moodle site), not just in the Questionnaire module), select the text and click the "Prevent automatic linking" button on the second line of the HTML toolbar.

Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Automatic Linking

by Beto Boton -
Hi Joseph

Once again thank you.
It is kind of embracing that 99% of what goes wrong with my Moodle site it is because I did something I was not supposed to do...

Anyway, I turned off all "automatic linking" I found in Filters.

Regards
Beto Boton