Assignment grade without defined scale

Assignment grade without defined scale

by Erick Fonseca -
Number of replies: 3
Is it possible to grade an assignment without previously defining a grade scale?
We would like to grade assignments by only inputting a numeric value, intead of choosing from a dropdown list.
I find it quite counter-intuitive that we must use a list with values ranging from 1 to 100 instead of only typing a number.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erick Fonseca

Re: Assignment grade without defined scale

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm not sure what you mean? If you want to "input a numeric value" doesn't that mean your grade is a number? Then why is is difficult to choose from a drop down list of numbers? Surely it would be more effort to type a number in manually? Also - you can change the dropdown to fewer numbers if you wish, so it is only 1 to 10 for example,not the full 100
Apologies if I have misunderstood what you meant.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Erick Fonseca -
Yes, that was what I meant.
In fact, I believe that typing a number is easier than selecting it from a dropdown list.
But the major problem is inputting fractional values.
In reply to Erick Fonseca

by Keith Landa -
I regularly find that I'd like to give a score of 8.5 on a 10 point assignment, for example. Instead of being able to do that in the assignment, I need to go into the gradebook, enter the fractional scores for an assignment, which overrides the connection between the assignment and the gradebook.