WebDAV with Moodle 2.0 and SharePoint 2010

WebDAV with Moodle 2.0 and SharePoint 2010

by Abhijit Sontakey -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I would like to configure WebDAV integration between Moodle2.0 and SharePoint 2010. However, I read on a site that WebDAV can't work with Moodle v2.0, as File API has been introduced in Moodle v2.0.

I request for a detailed analysis of WebDAV with Moodle v2.0. It would helpful, if someone can provide reasons as to why WebDAV won't work. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abhijit Sontakey

Re: WebDAV with Moodle 2.0 and SharePoint 2010

by Alex Pearce -

Abhijit,

Just to give a little more depth to this and increase you understanding.  I have done a few blog posts on integration of Moodle 1.x and SharePoint 2010.

http://www.bfcnetworks.com/integrating-sharepoint-and-moodle-storing-moodle-docs-in-sharepoint-part-1/

In Moodle 2, when a file is uploaded it removes the name of the file and the file extention so when you upload the file to sharepoint through webdav sharepoint block the file as it doesn;t know what file type it is.

Alex

In reply to Alex Pearce

Re: WebDAV with Moodle 2.0 and SharePoint 2010

by Kerry J -

Hi Alex

I'm cyberstalking you a bit on this issue having left you this question on your blog, but thought this might be a good place to leave it as well:

You said in an edugeeks forum http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platforms/74692-moodle-2-0-sharepoint-2010-a.html#post666022  "The problem in Moodle 2 is that it changes the file name when you upload a file but it also removes the file extension and sharepoint will block any file with a blank file extension."

That would preclude files going back into Sharepoint and take down the benefit of versioning, but can users use the file picker in Moodle 2 to pull in files FROM Sharepoint?

The benefit I'd see in at least having one-way traffic is that our people won't have to output documents to an external repository before using the file picker in Moodle.

If they can, is there a security risk that the Moodle API could open every document on our SharePoint to view? Is there some way to ring-fence a portion of the SharePoint off so that only sub sites with documents related to courses would be accessible from the file picker? Perhaps by a white list in the API? 

Cheers

KerryJ

In reply to Kerry J

Tárgy: Re: WebDAV with Moodle 2.0 and SharePoint 2010

by Csaba Vágvölgyi -

Do you have any good news about Moodle 2 and Sharepoint 2010 integration?

I need only the one way integration (browse files stored in Sharepoint 2010 from Moodle). Moodle use Active Directory to authenticate users...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Csaba