networking with 2 different sites

networking with 2 different sites

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. I haven't tried this yet (at the moment it's all imagined in my head!) so there might be an obvious answer - I apologise in advance.

I already have a Moodle linked to a Mahara. 30 or so students can go straight from Moodle into Mahara as they have the relevant roaming permissions.
Now I want to add another Moodle and I want 30 different students to go from my first Moodle into the second Moodle

What I don't understand -because I haven't tested it yet- is how I can ensure the first 30 students can only go to Mahara and the second 30 students can only go to the other Moodle, because that is what I want. It seems to me in my head that if they can all "roam to a remote Moodle" then they can go to both the Mahara and the other Moodle
How do I differentiate?
I hope this isn't a stupid questionshy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: networking with 2 different sites

by John Andrewartha -
You should be able to use SSO Access Control in Mnet to just allow the selected users to access Moodle B.
  • Administration
  • / Networking
  • / SSO Access Control

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Andrewartha

Re: networking with 2 different sites

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Got it! Thanks - that's my Today job thensmile