Can't install 2.0 Prev 4+ build 20100823

Can't install 2.0 Prev 4+ build 20100823

by Glenn Sisson -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,

I need to update my 2.0 Prev 4+ from build 20100818 to 20100823 (latest). This is required so I can test some features which were broken on earlier releases. Build ...818 is installed OK.

As soon as I repalce the moodle directory with the new build ...823 I can't get past the database settings page of the installation process. I get the following error:

Warning: mysqli::close() [mysqli.close]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Documents and Settings\GSisson\My Documents\Moodle\server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 305

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to clear out the moodledata folder?

I am using a local install for testing, orginally setup using one of the windows install packages.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Sisson

Re: Can't install 2.0 Prev 4+ build 20100823

by Glenn Sisson -
After much frustration and took the plunge and installed xampp as pre instrustion here and installed the standard packages instead of the complete install packages.

Proud to say I now have Prev 4+ 20100823 up and running.

Back to testing, now where was I...
In reply to Glenn Sisson

by João Filipe Oliveira -
I have tried in MacOS 10.6 and have the same problem. I can't do clean install neither upgrade.
In reply to João Filipe Oliveira

by Jennie Lawrence -

Hello, I had the same issue occur with me on one of my uploaded installs of Moodle 2.0 that I created to host on Godaddy. Example: ...thedidacticproject.org\server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 305 However, I found a solution for my problem.

I had to go to MySQL database hosting control after I created the database. Access phpMyAdmin from the database area and retrieve the Server: IP via TCP/IP. I put the Server IP in the Server Name: ______. With that information plus all the other correct data the install worked as it should and I moved on to the next screen or phase of Moodle 2.0 install.

Hope that this helps someone else.

Jennie

In reply to Jennie Lawrence

by Jennie Lawrence -

Need to amend comment above slightly.

I put the Server IP in the Server Host: 00.00.00.00 section. Then the section moved forward.

In reply to Jennie Lawrence

by Jennie Lawrence -

After creating your new config.php; make sure you go in and check to see that the new information has been created properly in the config.php. I found that I had to go in and edit the field to reflect the correct information found in the database host. But I have now been able to move past the original problem that is stated above. Filling in the profile page at this time ... The Didactic Project

Jennie