Navigation Problem

Re: Navigation Problem

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Joseph,
My guess is that it is a self evaluation tool, similar to a pre and post test, with yes/no answers. For example a personal life style coach offers a series of lesson that involve eating, stress, relationships. By asking the same questions, which the student is expected to answer reflectively and honestly, the changes in their life style as a result of the lessons can be "measured". This provides positive reinforcement to the student and can be used by the coach.

A Math teacher could do the same thing. Have a 9 question quiz (which draws 3 random questions from 3 different question categories) that the students basically do not do very well on at the start of the class. But at mid term, they will do better because they have learned some key concepts and hopefully on the last day of the class receive the best score.

You and I would probably use a questionnaire activity and not worry about the overall score. Rather, we would have the student rank themselves in agreement or disagreement with a series of statements. I believe the issue for Beto is there is no way to overlay questionnaire's such that students change is obvious from a visual standpoint.

I have run into several people who have similar goals to Beto. You have a lot more experience in the academic world than me and with Moodle code. I hope this helps provide some more context for you.

Best as always, Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)