Can't see questions

Can't see questions

by Patrick Tierney -
Number of replies: 8
When i preview a question, I can't see any text. It all seems to be white on white. I am using a theme that is a variation of the LCC theme available from Moodle. Could this be part of the problem? Is the Questionnaire theme unfriendly.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Tierney

Re: Can't see questions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well how about changing your theme to a standard one and seeing if that cures it?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
See Mary's advice. First time I've heard of such a problem. You must have done something "special" in the customization of your theme. Could you please post your LCC customized theme exactly as it is on your moodle site -post it here or send it to my e-mail address - so I can have a look?
Which versions of moodle and questionnaire are you using?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Further to private exchange with Patrick it appears that there is indeed some sort of "collision" between the LCC theme and Questionnaire's default theme. As a provisional solution I suggest switching to another of Questionnaire's themes (there are 5 themes to choose from).
Joseph

Re: Can't see questions - Crawcram theme helps

by Patrick Tierney -
Joseph:

I used the "crawcram" theme which helped a lot. I have attached a screen shot. As you will, it doesn't pick up the background that the balance of the site uses.

Is it possible to add my background to the crawcram theme?

Many, many thanks. / merci beaucoup!!

Patrick

by Patrick Tierney -
I forgot to attach the screenshot in my previous posting. It is attached here.

Attachment crawcram_screenshot.png

by Patrick Tierney -
I "played" with the CSS file and was able to at least provide a background color that goes with my theme as well as change the text color of the main title. I have attached a screenshot of the results here.
Attachment crawcram_screenshot_cssmod.png

by Joseph Rézeau -
Yes, I could do that too. There remains however a problem on the Edit Questions page, the questions text still shows white over white background and there is no way to change this through CSS. I will have a look at the core files to try and find a solution. And I will report here.
However, the medium blue background image that is displayed throughout your moodle course with that theme is perhaps not a good idea (not only for the questionnaire module but in other parts as well).
Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -
The display problem on questions editing page is fixed by CONTRIB-2291.
I also advise to remove or comment out the following css rule in your theme\lcc\fw_color.css file:
hr {
border:solid 1px #005176;
}
unless you find it useful in some parts of your moodle courses.
Hope that helps for the moment,
Joseph